1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    Please note, this area is for “General Things To Do In Surrey”
    If you have an event (with a date) or you’re looking for events in Surrey,
    try the Surrey Events Section

Eating out in Guildford The Tea Terrace – Guildford

Discussion in ‘Eating out in Surrey‘ started by Maria, 20 Aug 2011.

1. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

I went to House of Fraser today and stopped for a cuppa at the Tea Terrace on the top floor, ended up staying there for most of the afternoon, devouring scones! they define themselves as "a very English tea room" and indeed it’s very dainty, old fashioned and lovely. It’s a little bit pricey as you can imagine (£2.35 for a small individual tea pot) and the food is fairly basic (jacket potatoes, sandwiches, cream tea and LOTS of cakes) but the terrace has really cool panoramic views of Guildford and I really liked the deco. The staff was very nice, so I will definitely go back.
    Some pics (check out the cakes!)

tea terrace 1.JPG tea terrace 2.JPG tea terrace 3.JPG tea terrace 4.JPG tea terrace 5.JPG tea terrace 7.JPG tea terrace 6.JPG
    J_D likes this.
  2. sandra

sandra Surrey Resident (new)

Thanks for sharing this! I will definitely make a point to have tea and scones at the Tea Terrace.
  3. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

Hey Sandra! glad you like this, you should definitely go on a sunny day, it’s lovely to sit outside on the terrace and a great way to take in the views of Guildford :)
  4. sandra

sandra Surrey Resident (new)

I finally made it to the Tea Terrace (on one of the warmer days a couple weeks ago) and was able to sit on the terrace. It was lovely – a little pricey perhaps, but we will be back again. Guildford High Street was loaded with people but somehow the Tea Terrace felt quiet and serene and worlds away from the maddening crowds below. Thanks again for the tip!
  5. Max Raymond Surrey Resident

The Tea Terrace is rather nice. I agree that it’s pricey but at least you get a good view too.