1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guildford Do you ever give to the "homeless" in Guildford

Discussion in ‘Guildford Forums‘ started by SurreyGrouch, 8 Aug 2011.

1. SurreyGrouch

SurreyGrouch Surrey Resident (new)

There seem’s to be quite a few of ‘um building up on the streets lately …
    Do you every give to the needy in Guildford?

I saw someone, looking middle aged, fairly clean, with a sign "no drugs or drink, just no money" or something like that. He just seemed like a guy out of luck…

It must be tough, I reckon there are quite a few people just out of luck lately, and once you’re in that situation, it must be blimin’ impossible to get out of
  2. Beware of the Matt

Beware of the Matt Surrey Resident (new)

Well, I’m glad to say that some people gave to this homeless person this morning. (Thank you again to the lady from Capetown and her friend).
    I think the fact that I still carry a lot of luggage (souvenirs from the life I led before) is what persuades people that I am "deserving" of their charity
  3. David Morton

David Morton Surrey Resident (new)

There’s a homeless charity/shelter on York Rd, just near the new Waitrose. They go by the name of NumberFiveProject if you want to google them. I gave to them recently by donating some of my ‘IT Services’ time. They do seem a very worthy cause for the benefit of our unfortunate neighbours.
  4. Martin

Martin Surrey Resident (new)

I’ve often stopped by a doorway where someone is sleeping in the early hours on the way back from a job, I know nothing about this person or how they got into this situation but there’s a lot of gratification in giving them a tenner and saying get yourself a coffee and a breakfast.